Beaters days are looming and I thought it would be a great simple idea as I don’t know a youngster that doesn’t love pizza. Bringing together the wonderful game meat and the future generations of the sport is something we all have to do.
- 1 pheasant breast
- 1 pre made pizza base 9”
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 red pepper
- 250g cheese 50/50 cheddar and mozzarella
- 4 tbsp of your favourite BBQ sauce
- Start by pre heating your oven
- I seared the pheasant breast in a hot pan for a hot pan for 2-3 mins each side.
- Remove from the pan and slice (this will still be raw in the middle but will finish cooking in the oven) add to a bowl with 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce.
- Use the same pan to cook the bacon, once cooked put into a bowl.
- Spread the remaining 2tbsp of BBQ sauce on the base of the pizza.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 of the cheese, the red onion, red pepper, bacon and then the sliced pheasant, top with the remaining cheese.
- Optional extra is to add a few small drops of BBQ sauce on top for extra flavour and juiciness.
- Cook in a hot oven till the crust is bubbly and lightly charred usually 15-20 minutes.