For the Marinade
- 2x Lime Juice
- 1x Lime Zest
- 2x Fresh Medium Chillis (deseeded and sliced)
- 1x inch Ginger (grated)
- 4x Large Garlic Cloves
- 1/2x tsp Salt
- 1x pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 1x tbsp Olive Oil
For the Dish
- 2x Bamboo Skewers
- 1x Whole Pheasant
- Blitz all the marinade ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- Spatchcock the pheasant, and skewer the thigh to the opposite wing on both sides.
- Massage the marinade mixture into the pheasant, put in a large bag and allow to marinade in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Allow time for the meat to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Cook the pheasant skin side down on the BBQ first to seal in the juices.
- Cooking time will vary from BBQ to BBQ but will be around 30-40 minutes.