- 4 x Pheasant breasts or 6 legs
- 300ml x Buttermilk
- 200g x Plain flour
- 1tsp x Cayenne pepper
- 1tsp x Paprika
- 1tsp x Ground coriander
- 1tsp x Ground garlic
- 2tsp x Onion salt
- 1tsp x Salt
- 1/2tsp x Pepper
- Mix all the dry spices together.
- Slice the breast meat into 3 pieces lengthways or separate the thigh from the drummer and place into a plastic container.
- Add in the buttermilk and half of the dry spices and give it a good mix. Allow this to marinade for at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
- Add the rest of the spices to the flour and stir.
- Remove the pheasant from the buttermilk and dredge it in the flour, this is easiest if the flour has been put on a board, roll the pheasant until it is all coated.
- Finally cook in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on some paper towel and serve hot.