This recipe goes fantastically with Bens duck spring rolls – find out how to make them here.
For the dish:
- 6 Partridge breasts
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 4-6 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Large onion, sliced
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 Green chilli, sliced
- 1 Red chilli, sliced
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
For the spice mix:
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Crushed chilli flakes
- A pinch of Chinese 5 spice
- A pinch of ginger
- A pinch of white pepper
- Cut your partridge breasts into strips, making sure they are all roughly the same size.
- Add enough beaten egg to the partridge, making sure to coat it fully.
- Coat the partridge in the cornflour and set aside while the oil heats up.
- Fry the coated partridge for approximately 4 minutes, or until golden. Then drain on some kitchen paper.
- Add a little oil to a large frying pan and cook the onions, peppers, garlic and chillis for 2 minutes.
- Add the fried partridge to the frying pan, along with the dark soy and the spice mix. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Empty the partridge mix into a serving bowl and top with some spring onion and chilli slices, and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.