Recipe makes approximately 12.
These tasty spring rolls are fantastic with any Chinese meal, or as part of a hot buffet.
For the stuffing:
- 30g Fresh peas
- 50g Carrot (julienne)
- 50g Cabbage (finely shredded)
- 45g Spring onion (finely shredded)
- 1 Red chilli (julienne)
- 3 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1″ Ginger finger (grated)
- 2 Mallard breasts
For the Duck marinade:
- 1tbsp Sesame oil
- 1tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1/2tsp Ground ginger
For the pastry
- Spring roll pastry
- 1 Egg white
- Groundnut oil
- Combine the marinade ingredients, and marinade the duck breast for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Sear the breasts in a hot pan for 2 minutes a side. Then wrap in foil and set aside to rest.
- Cook the vegetables, chilli, garlic and ginger in a hot pan for 2 minutes, then strain in a sieve and allow to cool.
- Finely chop/shred the duck and combine with the vegetables.
- Cut the pastry sheets in half, put some filling on one end, and roll the pastry over the filling. When you get approx. 1/3 of the way along, tuck in the ends to close off the open ends, and continue to roll. When you reach the end, brush some egg white on the pastry to make it stick.
- Shallow fry your spring rolls in groundnut oil until golden brown, then drain carefully and serve.