For the Marinade:
- 1 Medium white onion, chopped
- 4 Spring onions, chopped
- 4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2″ Piece of ginger, chopped
- 2-3 Scotch bonnet chillies
- 1tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 2tbsp Dark soy
- 1tbsp Rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1tbsp Ground allspice
- 1tsp Salt
- 2tbsp Chopped parsley
You will also need:
- Partridge breasts (2 per flatbread)
- Spring onion, chilli and parsley to garnish
Put all the ingredients for the marinade into a food processor and blend into a coarse paste.
Score the partridge breast and place in the marinade for a minimum of 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
Skewer the partridge breasts, and pan fry or BBQ until cooked. Allow to rest for 3-4 minutes.
Warm up your flatbreads in a pan, then place the partridge skewer in the middle, and garnish with the chilli, spring onion and parsley. Garlic mayo is also optional, but tastes fantastic.