- 1 pheasant breast
- Plain flour
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
Mac and cheese
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- Approximately 600ml milk
- 50ml double cream
- 250g dried macaroni
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- 2tbs ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the mini fillet from the pheasant breast ( I save theses for goujons ) then lay in between 2 bits of cling film and gently hammer flat so it’s all the same thickness.
- Dust in some seasoned flour then into the beaten egg then into the breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in some vegetable oil turning halfway through.
- For the macaroni boil the pasta in some salted water ensuring not to over cook it. The pasta wants to be al dente.
- For the sauce heat the butter then stir in the flour creating a roux. Cook the flour and butter mix for 2 minutes consistently stirring.
- Add in the half the milk stirring until it thickens then add in the cream and remaining milk continue stirring until you have a silky smooth sauce, if it’s a little thick add in a little more milk.
- Now add in the cheeses and stir until combined.
- Add the strained pasta to your chosen dish cover with the cheese sauce top with a little extra greater cheese and cook in a hot oven to brown the top.