Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 15 minutes
Oven Temperature 200 C
2 large breasts of pheasant
2 sprigs of thyme
3 large shallots
150g grated celeriac
15g unsalted butter
10g olive oil
25g Whole grain mustard
100g grated beetroot
30g whole hazelnuts
80g whole radish
50g shredded curly kale
30g pomegranate seeds
1tbsp chopped chives
1 whole apple in wedges
Pinch of Cornish sea salt and cracked black pepper
Celeriac & Beetroot Remoulade
- Firstly, peel the celeriac then grate it on a standard cheese grater.
- Next, sprinkle over a pinch of salt, mix and cover with cling film for 15 minutes.
- Whilst waiting for the celeriac, peel and grate the beetroot.
- Remove the cling film from the celeriac and squeeze any excess water the salt has drawn out.
- Finally mix with the beetroot, chive, mayonnaise, grain mustard and a pinch of salt. Set aside until serving.
Roasted Shallot, Apple, Radish & Hazelnuts
- Take a non-stick frying pan and drizzle some olive, heat till it starts to smoke.
- Slice the shallots through the middle long ways and place face down in the pan.
- Once the face of the shallots has started to colour add in the apple.
- Again, once one side of the apple has started to brown, add in your radishes and butter.
- Flip over the apples and leave the butter to go brown.
- Once everything is nice and brown add the hazelnuts and place in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
- When the apples, radish and shallots are cooked but still slightly firm, remove from the oven and set aside for serving.
- For the kale, simply toss in a little olive and salt and roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside
- Firstly, heat a non-stick pan and sear the pheasant breast both sides, finish with a little butter and thyme and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes depending on their size.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest.
- Whilst the pheasant is resting take the remoulade and mix in the kale, spoon some of the remoulade mix on to the plate topped with the radish, apple shallot, and hazelnuts.
- Finally slice the pheasant breast, lay on top and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with some hot crusty sour down bread.